Employer: Embark Energy
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 10th Sept 2013
Clean Energy Entrepreneurs (Posts 200)
Embark/KAKUTE is looking for clean energy entrepreneurs with the following qualifications
• Aspiring clean energy entrepreneurs with an idea or in a start-up phase that want to launch their clean energy business
• Existing clean energy entrepreneurs who want to scale their business entrepreneurs who want to add solar PV, cook stoves, charcoal/biomassbriquettes into their existing business
• Comfortable working in English
• Good computer skills (Internet, MS Office)
• Passion for building clean energy business
• Commitment to complete the curriculum and create a bankable business plan within six months of enrolling
• Ready to commit at least two hours for working on his/her business plan and other assignment which will be provided by Embark coaches and trainers
• Ready to meet the deadline
Introduction of Embark Energy and services we offer to our dedicated clean energy entrepreneurs
Embark Energy is a benefit corporation based in US (New Jersey) dedicated in providing services to clean energy entrepreneurs, empowering them to sell socially and environmentally superior products in their communities. Embark services include education, coaching and business development, financial matchmaking, and product sourcing
In January 2013 Embark launched its East Africa Hub in Arusha in a partnership with KAKUTE Ltd. KAKUTE and Embark have dedicated staff in the city to provide direct services with back-up support from a global network of expert coaches and administrative staffs
Embark-KAKUTE Program offering to the clean energy entrepreneurs:
Education and coaching:
• Embark currently hosts training modules on money management, business planning fundamentals, and small-scale solar at its Learning Center – a web-based system where you can study free of charge, at your own pace and on your schedule. Visit us learn.embarkenergy.com to make an account and get started. If computers aren’t your thing, or if internet connectivity is a problem, you can attend in-person courses (for a fee) and/or request hard copies of all the materials.
Access to capital:
The finance network
• Fully prepared, business plan in hand,your coaches become your advocates on the Finance Network, introducing you to members of the network and helping you make the strongest pitch possible.
• Embark is building a network of financiers capable of meeting the full spectrum of capital needs of clean energy enterprises, from equity to soft loans/debt and everything in between.
• We also have plans to raise a dedicated seed capital facility in the near future
Quality, affordable products:
The product platform
• In response to entrepreneurs’ voiced concerns related to procuring high quality products at affordable prices and with a minimum of logistic hassles, Embark Energy is creating a network of vetted suppliers in East Africa and facilitating product purchasing.
• Ultimately, Embark plans to create a system that provides easy access to reliable product information and reviews, simple ordering and delivery mechanisms and also assists entrepreneurs with payment, insurance, and credit.
How to Apply:
All applications should be sent to either of the emails below on or before 10th September 2013 Eligible entrepreneurs are encouraged to send their business names, business concept or business description
KAKUTE Project Company Limited (KPCL)
P.O. Box 13954 Njiro-Arusha
TASO agricultural show ground
Plot No 6
Web site www.kakute.org