Job Ref: 26
Employer: Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT)
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline:15th Aug 2013
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered NGO first
established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of disability rehabilitation services in the country.
CCBRT aims to improve the quality of life of people living with disabilities as well as their families and to enable
them to achieve their legitimate potential.
Duties to Include:
• Performing refraction for in-patients and out-patients.
• Performing both objective and subjective refraction for all patients.
• Evaluating refraction errors and documenting in respective files correctly
• Storing and performing additional tests and examinations as required
• Correctly adhering to the protocols and guidelines in place linked to patient examination as per
norms and as confined to the government Optometry act
• Identifying emergency cases and facilitating accordingly
• Co-ordinating between O.P.D refraction Department
• Instructing optical sales staff in regard to special prescriptions
• Handling patients with complaints regarding glasses and provide appropriate assistance
Work Experience / Skills:
• Minimum 2 years experience in similar field (E)
• Computer skills (P)
• Degree/ Diploma in Optometry
How to Apply:
Please submit a letter of Application or curriculum vitae with two references and maximum one page cover letter on why you
believe you are the right candidate for this position. Please send it via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by
post to the Human Resources Department, P.O Box 23310, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Tel: +255 (0) 22 260 1543,
+255 (0) 22 260 2192, Fax: +255 (0) 22 260 1544. Website: www.ccbrt.or.tz, www.baobabhospital.or.tz
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted