Job Title: Project Officer-Child Protection
Employer: Save the Children
Duty Station: Zanzibar
Application Deadline: 6th Sept 2013
Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 26 years. We're working with government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition and to provide healthcare, shelter and food for vulnerable children. We work towards protecting children from exploitation and abuse through effective and adequately resourced district level child protection mechanisms. We're helping children and young people to protect their rights by giving them a say in things that affect them. Save the Children in Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, motivated and result oriented Officer with strong commitment to promotion of children's rights and protection to fill the vacant position of Child Protection Officer based at Zanzibar office.
The Project Officer is responsible for ensuring that all implementing partners and other stakeholders are knowledgeable on Child rights and child protection particularly issues of child labour are reported through the relevant mechanisms. S/he is expected to provide positive contribution to the development and implementation of the programme at national, district and community levels.
• Assist in coordinating partners, associates, and others key stakeholders in implementing programme activities by providing needed child protection technical expertise through training, mentoring and coaching.
• Will monitor closely work plans to ensure timely implementation of activities and compile relevant monthly, quarterly and annual programme reports accordingly.
• The Project Officer also will work on raising awareness for children's rights and child protection in order to protect children from abuse and exploitation and support individual children and/or their care givers in accessing services related to elimination of worst forms of child labour.
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of a bachelor degree in Social Sciences or equivalent professional qualification from any other relevant field with at least 2 Years experience working in an NGO/NGO environment.
• Excellent ability to plan, organise, manage and deliver on work plans.
• Understanding of child rights, including gender and protection issues in Zanzibar
• Skills and experience of managing and developing the capacity of individuals and organisations, including experience in training/coaching.
• Excellent computer skills especially office applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, Power point presentations), Outlook, and Internet and emails.
How to Apply:
For more details and to know that one is suitable to apply for the position please send an e-mail to the Human Resources Department of Save the Children in Tanzania at: Tanzania.Jobs@savethechildren.org and request for the complete Job Profile and a Save the Children Job Application Form
Only return the completed Job Application Form by e-mail to: Tanzania.Cd@savethechildren.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.