Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Employer: MEDA Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 10th Sept 2013
Purpose of the Job
• Responsible for implementing MEDA's M&E strategy in a manner consistent with the programme implementation plan and MEDA's philosophy and development methodology. In Liaison with other key staff, s/he will playa crucial role for ensuring all programme reporting requirements are met and assisting with overall programme success.
• Monitoring & Evaluation: Develop, implement, maintain and improve processes and procedures for collecting MEDA program data including current database structures. Oversee the collection of key indicators ensuring data accuracy and integrity. Analyze and report the results of data collection.
• Scheduled reporting: Submit various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as determined by our contracts with donors, through the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare.
• Ad hoc data analysis: Respond to data requests from the Senior Management Team (SMT) and external agencies. Provide support and guidance to the SMT on areas of program management based on analysis of data collected and key indicators.
• Cross-Cutting Themes:
• Within MEDA's mission and vision, coordinating and harmonizing the different aspects of the competencies: finance services, market linkages and business of Health
• Coordinating and overseeing aspects of Gender, Good governance, civil societies, and private sector development;
• Following up on issues of transparency and accountability.
• Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Business Administration or similar field from an accredited and recognized institution of higher learning (Master's Degree preferred)
• Minimum of 3 years (M&E) experience m a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) or similar development agency
• Proven experience in detailed report writing and data analysis including use of spreadsheet development programs and MIS
How to Apply:
Please send your current Curriculum Vitae, at least three references with current e-mail and telephone contacts, your salary history, and a cover letter describing your interest in the position.
Send your application to
386 Toure Drive - Masaki; or
P.O Box 10817, Dar es Salaam;