Job Title; Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Employer: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Dar-es-Salaam
Application Deadline: 28th August 2013
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to problems that impede social and economic development. AKFTanzania is implementing the Coastal Rural Support Programme Tanzania (CRSPT) in Mtwara andLindi regions. The programme's ultimate goal is to improve the quality of life of rural communities inMtwara and Lindi Regions through sustainable socio-economic interventions in food security, income generation, access to finance, health improvement, and strengthening education systems. AKF invites applications from well-qualified and dynamic individuals to fill the following vacancies based in its office in
Reporting to theProgramme Director, the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be based in Mtwaraand will lead the monitoring, evaluation and learning agenda for CRSP (T). The incumbent will lead the M&E team and be responsible for designing and implementing M&E frameworks and systems in order to ensure efficient and effective tracking of progress against CRSP (T)'s activities, outputs and outcomes, facilitating sector managers in the use of M&E outputs for planning and management, ensuring production of high quality reports for donors and AKF management, and documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt. The incumbent will also lead the communications portfolio and will provide support to address the communication needs of the programme.
• Post-graduate degree, preferably in Agricultural Economics, International Development,
• Economics, Statistics or relevant field;
• Minimum 5 years of solid professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of rural development programmes particularly in agriculture, market development, and civil Society; at least 3 of these years in a M&E related management position.
• Extensive knowledge of Results-Based Management (RBM), including how to develop logic models and how to develop SMART indicators;
• Demonstrated ability in '-design and implementation of surveys and qualitative studies including competencies in quantitative and qualitative methodologies for
• programme monitoring, evaluation and learning; this includes experience in the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and in the analysis of data
• Knowledge of data entry systems for quantitative data (e.g. Ms Access, CSPro, or others) is desirable;
• Demonstrated capacity to write high quality results-based and donor reports;
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience in leadership positions;
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills; knowledge of Kiswahili is an asset;
• Ability to travel extensively and live in remote conditions.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CVs (not exceeding 4 pages), including contact details for three professional references, and a covering letter to the;
Aga Khan Foundation Tanzania,
p.o. Box 125, Plot 37,
Haile Selassie Road, Oysterbay