Employer: Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB)
Duty Station: Mbeya
Application Deadline: 26th August 2013
Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self motivated and highly organized Micro Credit Officer-Mbeya (1position) to join the Bank in Credit Department/ team.
The person will be responsible for identifying potential micro credit client's within respective jurisdiction, appraise micro credit applications, advise the micro loan applicants and submit regular and exceptional micro credit reports to Branch Manager.
Reporting Line: Branch Manager
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Salary: The position attracts a competitive salary package
Main Purpose of the Job
1. To identify potential micro credit client’s within his/her area of operation.
2. To carryout site visits of the potential clients` business premises and collateral.
3 Appraise micro credit applications for review by Branch Manager before submitting to branch credit committee.
4. Advising the micro loan applicants on fate of application and terms and conditions of approvals.
5 Reviewing and consolidating reports and submitting consequential reports to Branch
6. Submitting regular and exceptional micro credit quality reports to Branch Manager for review and action.
7. To monitor repayments of disbursed micro loans and recommend to the Branch manager initiation of appropriate recovery measures to be pursued against defaulters.
8. Maintaining properly and safely all documents/files of micro credits.
9. Reviewing and classifying micro credit portfolio on weekly basis and submit the report to the Branch Manager.
10. Any other duty assigned by the Branch Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Growth of the business banking products within the set targets.
• Geographical mix and sectoral distribution in line with the set thresholds.
• Achievement of the set targets on interest and other income from business banking product.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
Bachelor degree/Advance diploma in Banking, Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting from any recognized University Or equivalent.
• The candidate must have a working experience of not less than one year in Business Banking arena.
• Experience from a financial institution or related discipline will be an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of Equinox Functionality
• He/She should be computer literate with excellent command of Excel and Word Processing.
• Added skills and certifications in Risk Marketing Activities.
Skills and attributes
• Excellent communication both verbal and written.
• Computer literacy including Word and Excel.
• Negotiation skills –effective negotiation with customers.
• Target Driven.
• Team Player.
• Self Development.
• Adaptable to Change
Salary and Remuneration benefits.
The Position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their resume indicating the position title in the subject heading via e-mail to: email@example.com
Applications Via other methods will not be considered.
Tanzania Postal Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety management.
Tanzania Postal Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
If you are not contacted by Tanzania Postal Bank Within seven (7) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Late Applications will not be considered.
Short Listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.