Job Title: Medical Doctor II (17)
Employer: Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 14th Aug 2013
The Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute [MOI) is an autonomous institution established through an Act of Parliament NO.7 of 1996 with main objective of providing primary, secondary and Tertiary care for preventive and curative health services in the fields of Orthopaedic, Traumatology and Neurosurgery as well as being role model of efficient Hospital Management in Tanzania. The Institute is also involved in Human resources development for the nation and also carries out research in these fields.
[MOI) invites applications from suitably qualified and interested Tanzanians to work in the posts of: – Medical Doctor II (17 posts) – (To work in Orthopaedic/Trauma, Neurosurgery and Anaesthesiology units).
- Holder of a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree or MBCHB or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have completed one year Internship and be registered by the Medical Council of Tanganyika as a Medical Doctor.
- The Successful candidates will work in Orthopaedic/Trauma unit (7), Neurosurgery unit (5) and Anaesthesiology unit (5).
Applicants should indicate their areas of interest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To attend in and out patients.
- To attend emergency medical duties.
- To ensure prescribed instructions are carried out. To conduct minor operations.
- To assist Surgeons at operations. To participate in major ward rounds.
- To ensure patients are properly prepared for surgery. To participate in research activities.
- Candidates will be expected to carry out duties and responsibilities of Medical Doctor II in their respective areas of profession.
- To perform other duties assigned by his/her superior.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institute’s salary scale – PMGSS (10-11).
How To Apply:
The application letter should be accompanied by well-typed CV, photocopy of academic and professional certificates and it should reach the under-signed within two weeks from the date of this advertisement. Note that submission of forged and fake certificates is a criminal Offence.
Muhimbili Orthopaedic Institute (MOI),
P.O. Box 65474,
Dar Es Salaam