Job Title: Marketing Manager
Employer: Genesis Consult Ltd
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th August 2013
• Meets marketing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
• Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
• Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
• Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
• Presenting findings and suggestions to company directors or other senior managers
• Travelling to trade shows, conferences and sales meetings.
• Managing the production of promotional material.
• Liaising with other internal departments such as sales and distribution.
• Any other duty assigned by your immediate boss or top management under the ‘Sales’ function.
Qualifications and skills:
• Bachelors in Marketing or related discipline.
• Mandatory know-how of financial planning and strategy.
• Must be able to manage a team of 10-20 people.
• Demonstrated success meeting goals.
• Technical expertise and knowledge of company products.
• Effective negotiation skills; people management; financial planning.
• Analytical skills & business acumen; creativity and maintain customer relationships.
• Fluency in English and Swahili both written and spoken.
• Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
• Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior.
• Remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in work environment.
• Computer skills, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
• 4+ years retail management experience preferably in the high-end home furnishings. Supervisory experience required.
How to apply:
Genesis Consult Ltd shall only accept CV in PDF Format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title as ‘Marketing Manager.’ No phone calls please.