Employer: Dar es Salaam University College of Education
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 21st Aug 2013
Dar es Salaam University College of Education are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions at the Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUGE) situated at Chang'ombe, Temeke District, Dar es Salaam.
Areas of Specialization
Curriculum and Teaching (1)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicant must have a PhD from a recognized University, a minimum GPA of 4.0 at Master's degree and Undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher with a minimum score of B+ in the relevant subject.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To give lectures, conduct tutorials and seminars for under graduate and postgraduate programmes.
- To plan and design training exercises for students
- To prepare teaching manuals, case studies for training and compendia.
- To assist students in building up their practical and research projects.
- To supervise field practicals, undergraduate special projects and Masters theses/dissertations.
- To participate in the development and review of curriculum for undergraduate programmes.
- To carry out consultancy in community services.
- To coach and mentor junior staff in relevant matters.
- To undertake individual research and participate in multi. disciplinary research projects and publish/disseminate results.
- To participate in developing and managing various university activities.
- To attend/organise workshops, conferences and symposia.
- To perform any other duty that may be assigned by the relevant authorities.
Attractive Package will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with hi/her qualification and experience
How to Apply:
The Application must be handwritten and supported with resume/CV.
Two recent passport size photos, copies of Academic Certificates, Transcripts and the applicant's birth Certificates must be attached.
Names, positions and contact addresses (including telephone numbers) of three referees should be provided in the resume/CV
Applicants should indicate the permit reference number i.e. (BC/I 0187/0 IIG/61) in their letters.
Applicants who are Public Employees should channel their applications through their employers.
Applicants for administrative positions should be below 45 years of age.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the;
Deputy Principal (Administration)
Dar es salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
P.O. Box 2329
Dar es Salaam
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.