Employer: National Institute of Transport (NIT)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th August 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaches up to NTA level 9,
• Guides and supervises students in building up their practical and research projects,
• Prepares learning resources and design training exercises for students ,
• Conducts consultancy and community services,
• Develops and reviews existing curriculum,
• Undertakes individual research and participates in scientific/academic congregations ,
• Conducts examinations and submits results to the relevant authorities timely,
• Prepares teaching manuals, simulations and case studies for training,
• Coaches junior teaching staff and
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned-by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
PhD, degree (NTA Level 10 or equivalent) and eligible for registration with NACTE as
Registered professional with Master's degree (NTA Level 9 or equivalent); with at least 10 years' experience in relevant work industry; and at least 5 papers of retrievable publications or Consultancy/Research reports of the academically and professionally appreciable depth in the following fields of study:-
DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY.
• Transport Engineering Studies -3 Posts.
DEPARTMENT OF LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT STUDIES
• Logistics or transport studies -3 posts.
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP STUDIES
• Supply Chain Management, Human Resources Management, Commerce/Business Administration, Accounting/Finance and Economics - 4 Posts.
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTING AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
• Computer Science and Engineering -1 Post.
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
• Mathematics and Statistics, Communication Skills and Development Studies -2 Posts.
Attractive remuneration package according to institution`s salary scale PHTS 10 – 12
How to Apply
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated. Send an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers to:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar Es Salaam