Job Title: Lecturer in Mathematics - 2 Posts
Employer: Eastern Africa Statistical Training Centre (EASTC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th August 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach NTA level 7 up to NTA level 10 for PhD holders.
• Guide and supervise students in building up their practical and research projects.
• Prepare learning resources and design training exercise for students.
• Conduct consultancy and community services.
• Develop and review existing curriculum.
• Undertake individual research.
• Prepare teaching manuals, simulations and case studies for training.
• Coach junior teaching staff.
• Assume managerial leadership roles e.g. Coordination of academic programmes or major research projects and consultancy.
Qualifications and Experience:
• PhD. Degree in Mathematics from a recognized higher learning institution.
• Teaching experience in a NACTE system will be an added advantage
Terms of Contract
Permanent and pensionable terms and favorable conditions of service.
Attractive remuneration salary according to institution`s scale PHTS 11
How to Apply
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated. Send an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers to:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar Es Salaam