Job Title: Senior Finance Systems Officer
Job Ref No: INT6491
Employer: Oxfam Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st Aug 2013
• Support the development and design of appropriate computerised financial and programme information management system ensuring its adaption and suitability for the Tanzania office requirement.
• Provide financial planning and management advice to the Country Director to support the implementation of the country programme strategy.
• Oversee the preparation of regular (monthly/quarterly) management reports to meet the needs of the Programme Managers within the country and also to meet the requirements for the regular reporting to Ireland and to Oxfam International affiliates as well as donors, ensuring timely and accuracy.
• Support the programme in the preparation of project budget as well as the preparation of the annual budget for Oxfam in Tanzania, and manage the preparation of financial projections/forecasts on a regular basis that are necessary for effective monitoring and review.
• Strengthen internal audit mechanisms and ensure the most cost effective use of resources and value for money.
• Ensure that Oxfam Ireland is properly registered in Tanzania its compliant at all times with legal requirement for the International NGOs.
Skills and competencies
• To be successful for this role, you need to have the following skills and competencies:
• Recognised Professional qualification and Finance.
• High level of IT skills.
• 3-5 years of experience in the development and maintenance of computerised multi cost centre accounting systems.
• Proved track record of budget management and financial reporting for a variety of donors.
• Leadership qualities and people management expertise in a multicultural environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including high level interpersonal and representational capabilities, fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili.
• Ability to work to deadlines in a pressurised environment
• Ability to operate and think strategically, couples with analytical skills and use of these for innovative and creative problem solving and decision making.
• Committed to Oxfam purpose and understanding of the work culture in the NGO sector and its impact on the key areas of responsibility and a commitment to the Humanitarian principles and actions.
• An understanding of the gender and diversity consideration within key areas of responsibility and commitment to addressing inequalities in the workplace and the programme.
• Possess a good knowledge of statutory requirements of the country.
Level: National D1
Gross salary:Tshs 2,623,935 Per month and other benefits
Contract Type: Open Ended
Reporting to: Country Director
How to Apply:
Please submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience for the post applied and include daytime telephone contacts by applying online at the Website Link;
Oxfam tunapiga vita rushwa. Ripoti rushwa kupitia email@example.com
and then go to current vacancies. You are advised to use advert Reference number and job title above.We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.