Job Title: Assistant Lecturer -17 Posts
Employer: National Institute of Transport (NIT)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th August 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaches up to NTA level 8 or equivalent
• Prepares learning resources for tutorial exercises
• Conducts research, seminars and case studies
• Carries’ out Consultancy and Community Development services under supervision
• Supervises students’ projects
• Conducts examinations and submits results to the relevant Authority timely.
• Prepares teaching manuals and
• Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
Master's degree or NTA Level 9 of GPA not less than 3.8, and for unclassified degrees, with an overall average of not less than B+ grade. Must have relevant first degree with GPA not less than 3.8 and for unclassified degree, overall average of B+ grade or above.
Valid or eligible for registration with NACTE as Technical Teacher
Master's degree or NTA Level 9 of GPA not less than 3.5 and for unclassified degrees, overall average of not less than B Grade;
Relevant working experience in industry of not less than three (3) years and Valid or potential of registration with NACTE as Technical Teacher in the following areas or fields of study:-
Department Of Transport Engineering And Technology.
• Automobile Engineering, Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering, Transport
Engineering and Civil Engineering /Highway Engineering - 3 Posts.
Department Of Logistics And Transport Studies
• Shipping, Railway and Air Transport Management or Economics and Planning - 4 Posts.
Department Of Business And Entrepreneurship Studies
• Supply Chain Management, Human Resources Management, Commerce /Business
Administration, Accounting/Finance and Economics 5 Posts.
Department Of Computing And Communication Technology
• Computer Science/Engineering - 3 Posts.
Department Of Mathematics, Humanities And Social Sciences
• Mathematics, Statistics, Communication Skills/Development Studies and Laws -2 Posts.
Attractive remuneration package according to institution`s salary scale PHTS 8 – 9
How to Apply
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated. Send an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers to:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar Es Salaam