Job Title: Head, Planning and Development
Employer: National Institute of Transport (NIT)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th August 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Chief advisor to the Deputy Rector – Planning, Finance and Administration on all matters
• pertaining to Planning and Development.
• Develops and reviews the corporate strategic plan and appropriately
• Advises the management
• Develops and reviews the master plan and appropriately advises the Management.
• Establishes and manages Institute databank
• Effectively markets the Institute plans internally and externally
• Proposes effective strategies for mobilizing resources for Implementing the Institute plans
• Prepares annual budgets in liaison with Finance office
• Assists the Secretary to the Finance, Planning and Development Committee of the Institute
• Supervises work performance in the Department
• Prepares plans or project documents
• Prepares planning policy for the Institute
• Attends meetings of the Institute which have impact on the planning Function.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters Degree in Planning, Economics, Engineering, General management or statistics.
• Proven work experience of at least seven (7) years of good service with outstanding capabilities in the relevant field.
Attractive remuneration package according to institution`s salary scale PGSS 20
How to Apply
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated. Send an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers to:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar Es Salaam