Job Title: Director of Community Development
Employer: Kibaha Education Centre (KEC)
Duty Station: Kibaha
Application Deadline: 4th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Head the Directorate of Community Development
• Implements Crop and Livestock Production Policy of the Centre. Ensure that Vocational Training at the College are running in accordance with Government Vocational Training policy.
• Advices the Executive Director on matters pertaining to crop and livestock production.
• Prepares the budget for the Directorate and supervises its implementation.
• Control production of the Directorate and monitors production trends. Market Directorate products in the most efficient way possible. Controls income and expenditure of the Directorate.
• Assist the Executive Director in controlling funds, human resources of the Directorate.
• Custodian of all assets of the Directorate including their maintenance. Ensures that all the land is fully utilized.
• Co-ordinates research programs in the Directorate aimed at improving production and services delivery.
• Facilitates small holders' education in crops and livestock production.
• Evaluates farm performance from time to time. .
• Evaluates performance of all staff and workers of the Directorate. Ensure that all students of Folk Development College are adequately taught and their welfare is well taken care of.
• Supervises self-reliance projects in the Directorate and ensures that all funds from such projects are properly accounted for.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualification and Experience
• Masters degree either in Economics, Community Development, Business Administration or Agriculture
• At least 10 years working experience of which five years should be in a senior managerial position.
• Knowing Poverty reductions processes and interventions is an added advantage.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution's Salary Scale PGSS 20.
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) On behalf of the Kibaha Education Centre (KEC), invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 36 vacant posts in the above public institutions.
1. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
2. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
3. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
4. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
5. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
6. Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates. Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma. transcripts. Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates. Computer Certificate
7. Professional certificates from respective boards
8. One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
• Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
• Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
• Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers,
• Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
• Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
• Applicants' with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
• Women are highly encouraged to apply
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview'
• Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
How to Apply:
All application letters should be posted to the following address. Hand delivery is not acceptable:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar Es Salaam.
Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika Utumishi wa Umma
S. L. P 63100,
Dar Es Salaam.