Job Title: IT Systems Administrator (1 POSITION)
Employer: John Snow, Inc.
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 12th Aug 2013
The IT Systems Administrator will work under the guidance of IT Manager; he / she will provide first line support to JSI staff, in IT related problems.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• To create and manage user profile on Active Directory and exchange mailboxes.
• To maintaining and troubleshoot servers.
• Maintain and monitor server performances and other network devices.
• Verify that peripherals are working properly
• Monitor communication between network peripherals
• To maintain logs for server and all network related equipment for better performances
• To work with Network Admin to plan, co-ordinate, and implement preventive maintenance and security patches for local machines, servers and network devices.
• To conduct systems performance tuning to enhance their performance.
• To maintain equipment inventories in the ICT unit
• Manage the modems bundle usage and its inventories
• To install, configure, and maintain server software, upgrade and patches.
• To ensure security of the equipment, server room access and the authentication to LAN/WAN network and applications to authorized users.
• Plan for backup strategies as a measure for preventive and disaster recovery.
• Perform routine/scheduled backups and archival of user and systems files stored on the network.
• Implement and maintain new and existing corporate, DMZ, and development of VM Ware infrastructure clusters running on HP server hardware.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• At least 10 years in systems administration.
• Experience in working with Active Directories, Ms Exchange Server 2008 and Windows server Enterprise 2008 R2
• Considerable systems administration and security methods and techniques.
• Degree in computer science or relevant.
• Good understanding of hardware and software set –up and configuration.
• Valid professional certification is preferred.
• Intensive and extensive knowledge of standard computer languages, including LINUX and Windows OS.
• Good knowledge of IP addressing and TCP/IP networking.
• Strong knowledge of systems management practices and procedures.
• Should be hands on’ and a proactive person.
• Should prove to abide with JSI core values.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above positions basing on qualification and experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letters, Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of 3 work related references, enclosing certificate copies of relevant education and training.
Human Resource Manager
John Snow, Inc.
Plot No. 392,
Toure Drive, Masaki
P.O .Box 9263
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.