Job Title: Internal Investigation Officers
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam,
Application Deadline: 18th August, 2013
Purpose of the Job
• To conduct speedy, objective and cost-effecive investigations into allegations of corruption, fraud and other malpractices within Tanzania Revenue Authority and to make appropriate recommedations.
Major Activities of the Job
• Investigate cases authorized by the Commissioner General and submit written reports with appropriate recommendations within reasonable time.
• Plan investigation procedures and steps to be adopted, and draw out plans for approval.
• Performing risk measurement and analysis for drawing active investigation plans.
• To conduct the field work on the basis of the approved plan.
• Hold interviews and discussions with parties considered necessary.
• Review operating systems and procedures and make appropriate recommendations.
• Interrogate staff or any other person in order to collect evidence and review its sufficiency, relevance and reliability.
• To compile evidence and review its sufficiency, relevance and reliability.
• Conclude the investigations by issuing a draft report on investigation findings and recommendation of measures to be taken by Management for subsequent review by senior officer.
• Conduct corruption vulnerability assessment to identify areas susceptible to corruption and fraud.
• Attend disciplinary Committee sittings and court sessions when summoned.
• Perform any other duties as assigned the supervisor.
i. Advanced Diploma or University Degree in Law, Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Science, Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognised Institution/University.
ii. Formal trainings on Investigation concepts,methods and techniques or intelligence gathering and processing of informers or interviewing and report writting skills or Basic knowledge of the rules of evidence and court procedures will be added advantage.
The applicant should have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience
i. Leadership and Team Building
ii. Strategic Focus and Managing Change
iii. Managing Performance and Accountability
iv. Problem Solving and Decision Making
vi. Computer Literacy
Applicants MUST be ready to work anywhere in the United Republic of Tanzania.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
How to Apply:
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
All applicants are required to properly fill in the application form provided in the system. Please be informed that shortlisting is a machinery process done through the Human resources Information System. Failure to fill in all the fields properly may lead to disqualification.
For assistance on how to fill in the Job Application Form please make use of on line “HELP” available under the Application Form or dial TRA Call Centre Tel: 0800110016 (TTCL & Vodacom), 0786 800000 (AIRTEL) , 0713800333 (TIGO) from 0800 to 1700 Hours Monday to Friday. These are Toll free numbers.