Employer: Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 16th Aug 2013
The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA), a quasi independent Government Body established under the Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority Act No.12 of 2003 to regulate communications and broadcasting sectors in Tanzania, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant post in its establishment:-
To conduct audits of the Authority’s information systems III! to ascertain the adequacy of internal controls
• A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting/ Auditing AND Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor. (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent
• A minimum of three years post qualification relevant experience in Auditing and Information Technology in a reputable organization.
Skills and abilities
• Strong decision making skills.
• Problem Solving Skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong experience with internal auditing principles and practices, including Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with multiple groups and levels of personnel
• Strong planning, project management and organizational sk'ills with an ability to balance multiple priorities.
• Ability to work independently as well as operate and contribute in a team environment
• Ability to maintain sensitive and proprietary information in a confidential manner
• Ability to prioritize and execute on various projects.
• Postgraduate qualifications in Accounting Information System, Management Information Systems or business related fields
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reports to theSenior Internal Auditor
• Evaluates Information Systems reliability, security and integrity including Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
• Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls in Information Systems
• Provides advice on IT controls and Security at all stages of systems development, from design to post implementation or as required by Management.
• Prepares audit findings data sheets and time reports.
• Observes actual practices and evaluate operating techniques to identify existing and potential problem areas.
• Identifies causes or contributing factors relating to findings and recommend possible solutions or improvements.
• Reviews and appraises soundness, adequacy and application of operating controls as well as promoting effective controls at reasonable cost in computerized systems.
• Evaluates data compiled during information systems audits and prepare report opinion of findings and recommend corrective action.
• Assists in providing IT related assistance to other Internal Auditors and training on effective use of CAATS.
• Asses risk for multiple IT functions: mainframe, database, in-house applications, ERP applications and network infrastructure.
• Participates in general IT and application control reviews - identify potential risks and ways to mitigate risk.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
General Terms and Conditions of Service
Term of Office: The post carries a competitive remuneration package as per the approved salary structure of the TCRA;
Other terms and conditions of service are as will be promulgated in Staff Circulars; and the Staff and Financial Regulations of the Authority.
All officers of the Authority are required to observe the Code of Conduct made under Section 10. - (1) of the TCRA Act 2003; observe provisions of Sections 11 of the Act relating to Conflict of interest; and Section 12. - (2) Of the Act relating to employment and/ or financial 1 interest with any of the regulated service providers.
How To Apply:
Send all applications including copies of relevant certificates and latest O/s should be addressed to;
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority,
P.O. Box 474,
Dar Es Salaam
TCRA is an equal opportunity employer.