Job title: Insurance Officer - Head Office
Employer: Azania Bank Ltd
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 12th August 2013
Role and Main Objective:
Effectively and efficiently carry out insurance activities in respect of the Bank credit portfolio for an effective risk management.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and submit appropriate insurance reports and insurance premium amounts collected for the month to the insurer at the end of every month.
• Reconcile the issued insurance cover notes from the insurer with the insurance premium payments submitted by the Bank.
• File the insurance Cover notes from the insurer and keep for safe custody.
• Prepare and submit appropriate annual reports and annual premiums for the outstanding loan amounts annually at the beginning of the calendar year.
• Maintain files for reference in respect of all reports, submissions and correspondences between the insurer and the bank.
• Prepare monthly reports for the Management for control and monitoring; giving details of payment of insurance submitted to the insurer for the month, cover notes collected from the insurer, amount outstanding in the insurance payable account, total amount of cash cover held for insurance in customers' accounts, amount collected as bank commission account and any report on claims if any on the amount and status.
• Prepare appropriate documentation and follow up on claims from the Insurer.
• Advice the Management on matters related to insurance of credit facilities and mortgaged properties.
A Bachelor 'Degree or Advanced Diploma in Insurance' with at least two years working experience in Banking Sector. A masters degree will be an added advantage. The applicants should be computer literate.
Remuneration for successful candidates
Attractive remuneration packages await successful candidates to the above posts as per Azania Bank Limited Salaries and Incentive Schemes as reviewed from time to time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contact and that they will have to meet all costs associated with their attendance to the interviews. Please note also that successful candidates will be required to meet their relocation costs from wherever they are to new duty station.
How to Apply
Please send applications with attached with detailed resume, copies of relevant certificates, names and addresses of at least two referees, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of two referees to:
Azania Bank Limited,
Mawasiliano Towers, Sam Nujoma Road
P. O. BOX 32089
Dar es Salaam
Tel No.: 2412025/26/27, Fax No.: 2412028