Job Title: Instrumentation Technician
Employer: Tanzania Portland Cement
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam.
Application Deadline:16th Aug 2013
The Management of Tanzania Portland Cement is inviting for a suitable candidate to fill in the above vacant position.
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
• Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Automation/Electronics from a recognized Technical Institution or its equivalent.
• Experience in planning and working with large rotating heavy industry machinery and equipment.
• Must be familiar with COMPUTERIZED MAINTENANCE SYSTEM - ENTERPRISE ASSET MANAGEMENT – EAM. Knowledge of PLC is an added advantage.
• Prior experience estimating time and material requirements of assigned work projects.
• Computer proficient with knowledge in MS office and Project.
• Must be fluent in speaking and writing English and Swahili languages.
• Minimum 3 years of electrical repair and maintenance experience.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings,.
• Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the electrical trade
• Strong understanding of applicable electrical codes, standards and regulations.
• Knowledge of electrical applications for high and low voltage electrical systems.
• Willingness to provide coverage during off-shift hour and weekends if required.
• Must be highly skilled in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components
• Field fault analysis – determines if instrument has failed or if it is a process problem.
• Able to configure control, drive setting and parameterization.
• Able to do a field calibration of instrumentation utilizing proper test equipment;
• Complete overhaul in shop environment to include component replacements, alignments and calibration to specifications of record;
• Repair of signal transmission facility such as profibus system. Fiber optic, 4-20 signal wiring, etc.;
• Fault analysis of hardwire relay logic, motor control circuits, motor power circuits and common utility / lighting circuits; pneumatic, electronic and digital equipment;
• Installation of new control circuits, modification of existing instrument/electrical systems as requested, to include design, load and Implementation of new control logic;
• Troubleshoot and fault analysis of PLC based systems with control logic modification if required.
• Ensure good housekeeping and safe working practices.
• Manage any urgent or breakdown jobs as required to keep equipment running and minimize downtime.
• Ensure the proper functioning of all electrical and control systems on a daily basis to contribute to the operational viability of the plant.
• Installation of electrical and control equipment and troubleshooting of electrical and control problems to enable continuous plant operability.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose plant electrical system problems to provide resolutions and minimize downtime.
• Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) compliance with the company requirements.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
All applications should be clearly marked the position applying and should be addressed to:
The Director of Human Resources,
Tanzania Portland Cement Company Limited,
P.O. Box 1950.
Dar es Salaam.