Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 9th Sept 2013
Ensure a sound hygienic work environment to staff and the general public as regard to the company activities i.e. Generation, Transmission, Distribution, Sales, Marketing and Customer Services.
• Ensure all company workplaces are in the top hygienic condition.
• Ensure personal hygiene risks are identified and managed
• Ensure all staff and facilities acquire optimal necessities as far as industrial hygiene is concerned
• Minimize man hour losses due to unfavorable working environment and hygienic conditions
• Carry out hygiene audits/ inspections for entire company to ensure they conform to the required hygienic standards and advise on maintaining and enhancing workers hygiene.
• Monitor the improvement of lighting level, internal air quality (ventilation), audio and visibility in work place to meet legal and company standards.
• Prevent noise induced hearing loss by implementing audio screenings and analyze the trends/statistics on hygiene education
• Conducting regular seminars and training on hygiene regulations and procedures to members of staff.
• Preparation of hygienic condition tender documents technical specifications whenever a need arises.
• Preparation of weekly monthly, quarterly and annual reports. Also, compile hygienic condition reports from regions and plants
• Any other work related duties as directed by the Principal Health Officer.
Self-management and personal traits:
• Good team player
• Good communication skills and computer literacy (Good written & spoken English and Kiswahili are a must).
• Prioritizes work and uses time efficiently
• Plans ahead to ensure that resources are available in time
• Ability to meet constant deadlines
• A good bachelor degree in Environmental sciences, Health or equivalent from accredited Universities/Colleges.
• Minimum 3 years in the Occupational Health field
• Comprehensive knowledge on Industrial hygiene,
• Knowledge on Occupational Health Laws, Standards and Regulations,
• Ability to manage, supervise and work
How to Apply:
Send a well written application giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two work references. Applications should be addressed to:
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (Tanesco),
Umeme Park Building – Ubungo
P. 0 BOX 9024,
Dar Es Salaam,