Employer: Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA)
Duty Station: Moshi
Application Deadline: 26th Aug 2013
Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA) is a full autonomous utility responsible for the provision of safe water and collection and disposal of wastewater in Moshi, the town of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Responsible for running the department efficiently and effectively
- Human Resources procedures and methods and that they conform to International Standardization Organization (ISO). The procedures include employment, deployment, confirmation, performance management, training, promotion, remuneration and disciplining.
- To ensure that Human Resources Deliverables are achieved to the satisfaction of the required targets and beyond
- To ensure availability and implementation of the overall human resources attraction and retention strategies in order to avail the Authority with the right people in the right positions
- To design, seek approval, implement and review of Human Resources Tools to include Staff Manual, Employment Policy, Training Policy, Promotion Policy, Remuneration Policy, HIV Policy, Manpower Succession Plan and Adoption of the Labour Laws of the day.
- To ensure that Human Resources are aligned in a sound team capable of portraying the good image and culture of the Authority and in so doing the team achieves sectional, departmental and cooperate objectives
- To ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the overall data management for Human Resources Management System to include storage, retrieval and protection
- To ensure that procedures and methods for Administrative Functions are in place and conform to the International Standardization for Organization (ISO). These procedures include, security, real estate management, motor vehicle management, cleanliness, repair and rehabilitation of assets, and postal services
- To ensure that administrative deliverables are achieved to the satisfaction of the required targets and beyond.
- To oversee the overall motor vehicle management to include establishment and operationalization of Transport Policy and control devices for fuel and motor vehicle movements
- To oversee the management of Authority's assets to include title deed procurement, codification, repair/rehabilitation / construction proposals and proper maintenance of the same.
- To oversee visitation of Authority's guests to include booking, travelling, meeting, record taking, and archive
- To oversee and make a close follow up of labour cases, civil cases and criminal cases
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
- Holder of first degree/Advanced 'Diploma in Human Resources Management/Public Administration plus Masters Degree in Human Resources/Public Administration/Business Administration majoring in Corporate Management or Human Resources,
- Working experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years working experience in the same field from reputable organization.
- Proven substantial computer knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated good leadership qualities
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of initiative, creativity and integrity
- The applicant should between 30 and 50 years of age
Nature of Employment
- Five years (5) renewable depending on the performance
- This position attracts competitive salary plus other fringe benefits
How to Apply:
Handwritten application along with Curriculum Vitae to include reliable contacts [emails and day time working telephone], applicants' recent passport size and copies of all relevant certificates and transcripts, and names and addresses of at least three (3) reputable referees, to;
Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA)
P.O Box 1001,
"MUWSA is an equal opportunity employer"