Job Title: Head, Real Estates
Employer: National Institute of Transport (NIT)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 20th August 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advises and assists the Deputy Rector - PFA on matters pertaining to Real Estates and technical services
• Ensures maintenance and cleaning of Institute properties and environment
• Examines bills of quantities of Real Estates related activities/works and technical services
• Prepares work schedules of Real Estates management and related technical services
• Prepares budget for maintenance works
• Supervises and manages Institute’s Development Projects.
• Develops short and long term programmes for the Institute’s general improvement related to landscaping of the campus grounds and drainage systems
• Formulates policies on Real Estates Management of the Institute.
• Ensures Institute machines and equipment are in good working order
• Ensures innovative approaches to conditioning, maintaining, and upgrading the built and un-built environment.
• Plans, organizes, implements and controls all activities and services related to Real Estate
• Devises methods and procedures for monitoring and control of Estates functions.
• Coordinates work programs in collaboration with building and maintenance staff of the Estates
• Coordinates the preparation of the physical master plan.
• Prepares and compiles budget estimates for Capital Development.
• Coordinates the effective maintenance and rehabilitation of the infrastructure.
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Land Management and Valuation, Environmental Engineering/Architecture/Building Economics/Civil Engineering, or equivalent qualifications.
• Working experience in a senior position in a related field for at least six (6) years.
Attractive remuneration package according to institution`s salary scale PGSS 19
How to Apply
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated. Send an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers to:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar Es Salaam