Job Title: Head of Procurement and Supplies Unit
Employer: Iringa Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
Duty Station: Iringa
Application Deadline: 27th Aug 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Advises the Managing Director on all matters related to procurement and supplies.
• Reviews, formulates and updates changes in procurement policies of the Authority for final decision.
• Establishes effective inventory control and materials management policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations and ensures their implementation.
• Supports the functioning of, and serve as the Secretariat to the Authority's Tender Board and implement decisions of the Tender Board.
• Prepares minutes of the Tender Board and maintains records of all procurement disposal and related activities.
• Serves as stock verifier and inspect goods for quality and quantity upon delivery, issue or during storage.
• Deals with stores, purchasing/procurement or clearing and forwarding management and matters related to them.
• Supervises and carries out stock counts, stock valuations and establishes provisions for obsolete and slow moving items.
• Plans, coordinates and manages and recommends procurement and disposal by tender except jurisdiction and award of contracts.
• Liaises and compiles all procurement requirements of the different directorates. departments and units.
• Liaises with bidders on procurement matters within his/her mandate.
• Conducts inspection on the quality of procured items.
• Keeps procurement documents in safe custody.
• Prepares departmental procurement budgets.
• Conducts coaching and training junior procurement staff on emerging changes in the procurement field.
• Controls payments according to the laid down rules and procedures.
• Verifies and authorises procurement payments.
• Ensures adherence to proper procurement practices and procedures.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
Qualifications and Working Experience
• Holder of Masters Degree in Materials Management or Procurement and Supplies Management or Procurement and Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management.
• He or she must have been Certified as Supplies Professional (CSP) or Certified as Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP). The Candidate must be registered by the PSPTB/NBMM as authorized procurement/supplies officer.
• He or she must have a working experience of ten years (1 O) in a relevant field, of which 3 years should be at managerial level.
• Competence in any inventory management computer package is necessary.
Age Limit: Age should be between 35 and 45 years.
According to IRUWASA Salary Scale IWAS 11 = (2,600,OOO.OO).
How to Apply:
1. Application letter shall be handwritten and be supported by the following documents:-
2. Reliable contact postal address, email address and telephone/mobile numbers.
3. Detailed up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV).
4. Copies of relevant certificates.
5. Certified copy of birth certificate.
6. Names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
Applicants who were retired from the Public Service for whatever reasons should not apply. On top of the envelope applicant should mark the post he/she is applying for.
All applications should be addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.