Employer: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 5th Sept 2013
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develop, implement and evaluate the fundraising strategy
• Coordinate and manages the activities of fundraising within SOS-Tanzania.
• Prepare and submit the proposals for acquisition of the grants/funds within the following frames
• Develop new and existing donor relationships in order to generate increased future
• Build and develop a committed and effective fundraising team.
Academic Qualification, skills & Experiences:
• A graduate on Public relation and Mass Communication or related fields with at least 3 years’ experience of submitting successful funding proposals to government and multilaterals
• Previous proven professional fundraising skills and experience for NGOs, CSOs, public or private sector
• Experience of government donor relations and knowledge of funding requirements, particularly with donor agencies
• Excellent ability to work cross-organizationally with multiple stakeholders in realization of shared goals
• Able to share passion for and knowledge of donor engagement and grant acquisition strategies and techniques through training and/or mentoring
• Proactive, inquisitive and tenacious in identifying and pursuing new grant funding opportunities
• Good project management skills, able to work on multiple tasks and prioritize these to meet deadlines
• Competent and experienced in forging partnership, brand development and visibility which will help to position SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania as a strong and consistent partner in responding to the needs of Most Vulnerable children in Tanzania.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills.
• Highest levels of accuracy and professionalism, flexibility to accommodate frequent travels
• Age limit: 33 -40 yrs
How to Apply:
Send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position, Enclose a detailed updated CV, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers. All candidates will be subject to child protection recruitment procedures and checks.
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.