Employer: Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA)
Duty Station: Moshi
Application Deadline: 26th Aug 2013
Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA) is a full autonomous utility responsible for the provision of safe water and collection and disposal of wastewater in Moshi, the town of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Head of section responsible for efficient and effective management of revenue and expenditure activities of the Authority
- To manage the accounting section's revenue accounts, billing and computer operation activities of the authority
- To prepare and submit to Finance Manager, financial plan and budget of the authority
- To provide financial information required by the management
- To ensure accounts books are well kept
- To prepare annual financial reports and accounts
- To make sure that all books of accounts are audited
- To ensure that all internal and external audit queries accurately attended
- Proper valuation of closing stock and fixed assets at the end of the financial year
- Provide financial and costing information required by the management team
- To ensure timely payment of taxes salaries imprests, debtors and statutory contribution without incurring penalties
- To carry out any other duties related to the above that they may be assigned by Finance Manager.
- Holder of a degree or advanced diploma or Post graduate qualifications in Accountancy. She/he should also posses Electronic Data Process knowledge of Accounting software, computer knowledge.
- Working experience
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as an accountant in revenue and expenditure activities in a reputable organization
- Proven substantial computer knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated good leadership qualities
- Ability to work under pressure
- High level of initiative, creativity and integrity
The applicant should between 30 and 50 years of age
Nature of Employment
Five years (5) renewable depending on the performance
This position attracts competitive salary plus other fringe benefits
How to Apply:
Handwritten application along with Curriculum Vitae to include reliable contacts [emails and day time working telephone], applicants' recent passport size and copies of all relevant certificates and transcripts, and names and addresses of at least three (3) reputable referees, to;
Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA)
P.O Box 1001,
"MUWSA is an equal opportunity employer"