Job Title: Finance Officer
Employer: Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA)
Duty Station: Moshi
Application Deadline: 26th Aug 2013
Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA) is a full autonomous utility responsible for the provision of safe water and collection and disposal of waste water in Moshi, the town of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Purpose of the Job
This is a managerial position in which the position holder IS required to oversee all financial operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Head of section responsible for efficient and effective management of revenue and expenditure activities of the Authority
• To manage the accounting section's revenue accounts, billing and computer operation activities of the authority
• To prepare and submit to Finance Manager, financial plan and budget of the authority
• To provide financial information required by the management
• To ensure accounts books are well kept
• To prepare annual financial reports and accounts
• To make sure that all books of accounts are audited
• To ensure that all internal and external audit queries accurately attended
• Proper valuation of closing stock and fixed assets at the end of the financial year
• Provide financial and costing information required by the management team
• To ensure timely payment of taxes salaries imprests, debtors and statutory contribution without incurring penalties
• To carry out any other duties related to the above that they may be assigned by Finance Manager.
• Holder of a degree or advanced diploma or Post graduate qualifications in Accountancy. She/he should also posses Electronic Data Process knowledge of Accounting software, computer knowledge.
• Working experience
• Minimum of five (5) years experience as an accountant in revenue and expenditure activities in a reputable organization
• Common Requirements for All Vacancies
• Proven substantial computer knowledge and skills
• Demonstrated good leadership qualities
• Ability to work under pressure
• High level of initiative, creativity and integrity
• The applicant should between 30 and 50 years of age
Nature of Employment
• Five years (5) renewable depending on the performance
This position attracts competitive salary plus other fringe benefits
How To Apply:
Handwritten application along with Curriculum Vitae to include reliable contacts [emails and day time working telephone], applicants' recent passport size and copies of all relevant certificates and transcripts, and names and addresses of at least three (3) reputable referees, to;
Moshi Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority (MUWSA)
P.O Box 1001,
"MUWSA is an equal opportunity employer"