Job Title: Female Counselor
Employer: Kujali Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar es salaam
Application Deadline: 9th Sept 2013
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide individual and group counseling sessions to all youth at the center as needs be
• Keep orderly, up-to-date, and specific records of documentation for all counseling sessions
• Maintain accurate records of physical and psychological health for all youth at the center
• Provide advice and support to youth on an as-needed basis
• Design a needs-based mental and physical health awareness curricula; and the attendant monitoring and evaluation mechanisms
• Provide training to youth on the above-mentioned curricula
• Follow up on implementation of knowledge disseminated
• Provide workshop training on the fundamentals of counseling, relationship-building, and the development of healthy, positive, and productive adult-youth relationships to Kujali Tanzania team.
• Provide consultation and feedback to the Kujali Tanzania team on the development of policies, practices, and procedures to support youth development, academics, health, and overall wellness.
• Act as a ‘learning coach’ at the youth center as needed
• Report any and all policy violations or other serious problems to the immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
• Submit monthly status reports on all activities of the department
• Holder of Advanced Diploma or higher degree in social work; or relevant knowledge on counseling
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Kiswahili languages
• Ability to design and implement sustainable and quantifiable mental and physical health awareness programs
• A committed team player
• A well organized individual, one able to work with minimum supervision and meet deadlines
• Personal and professional commitment to the health, well-being, and empowerment of orphaned and vulnerable youth
• Commitment to professional development, accountability, integrity, and contributing toward a positive, nurturing, and youth-centered learning community
How to Apply:
Please submit a CV and letter of interest to Suma Mwakanyamale at: firstname.lastname@example.org.