Duty Station: : Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 16th Aug 2013
UMATI is looking for a dynamic and professional Tanzanian to fill in the position of Executive Director and Director of Finance.
Reporting to: National Executive Committee (NEC)
Lead, Direct, Develop and manage all functions of UMATI and provide technical-support to Volunteers in developing policy, direction and implementing them, ensure associations' integrity and represent the corporate interest.
- Provide corporate leadership, image and identity
- Advise NEC on policy formulation and implementation
- Implement the decisions of NEC within the set budget to ensure effective management of the Association
- Establish adequate rules and regulations for efficient control of assets, liabilities and financial activities.
- Prepare work programmes, budgets and periodic reports
- Oversee staff management i.e Recruitment, Remunerations, Appraisals, Development, training and disciplinary matters
- Ensure that the role and participation of volunteers in the association is encouraged and developed
- Liase with International and local agencies to-promote the image of the association
- Mobilize funds from Donors to improve the financial capacity of UMATI
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in place to safeguard the assets of the association
- Masters degree in Demography, Public Administration, Sociology, Economics, Business Administration or its Equivalent.
- At least 10 years working experience in similar activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to manage diversity, develop and sustain a winning team
- Results and performance driven with commitment to realization of the Association’s Strategic Objectives
- An effective communicator fluently both verbally and in writing Kiswahili and English.
- Willing and able to travel extensively within and outside Tanzania on UMATI business.
How To Apply:
Candidates who meet the above requirements should forward application letter to The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 1372
Dar es Salaam