Job Title: Executive Director
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline:16th Aug 2013
UMATI is a leading NGO that provides Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Information and services including Family Planning and HIV/ AIDS in Tanzania.
UMATI is looking for a dynamic and professional Tanzanian to fill in the following vacant positions of Executive Director and Director of Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide corporate leadership, image and identity
• Advise NEC on policy formulation and implementation
• Implement the decisions of NEC within the set budget to ensure effective management of the Association
• Establish adequate rules and regulations for efficient control of assets, liabilities and financial activities.
• Prepare work programmes, budgets and periodic reports
• Oversee staff management i.e Recruitment, Remunerations, Appraisals, Development, training and disciplinary matters
• Ensure that the role and participation of volunteers in the association is encouraged and developed
• Liase with International and local agencies to-promote the image of the association
• Mobilize funds from Donors to improve the financial capacity of UMATI
• Ensure that systems and procedures are in place to safeguard the assets of the association
• Masters degree in Demography, Public Administration, Sociology, Economics, Business Administration or its Equivalent.
• At least 10 years working experience in similar activities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Able to manage diversity, develop and sustain a winning team
• Results and performance driven with commitment to realization of the Association’s Strategic Objectives
• An effective communicator fluently both verbally and in writing Kiswahili and English.
• Willing and able to travel extensively within and outside Tanzania on UMATI business.
How to Apply:
Send your application letter to;
The Executive Director,
P.O. Box 1372
Dar es Salaam