Job Title: Driver Grade (One Post)
Employer: Iringa Urban Water Supply & Sanitation Authority (IRUWASA)
Duty Station: Iringa
Application Deadline: 27th Aug 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Checks the functioning of the vehicle engine and other accessories before driving off.
• Drives properly any type of vehicle being assigned.
• Ensures that the vehicle assigned to him/her is always clean, in good running condition and is parked at a safe authorised place with all the tools entrusted to him/her. Undertakes vehicle services unscheduled.
• Reports without delay any detected fault or defect on the motor vehicle.
• Certifies that repairs and maintenance come out on the vehicle are of adequate standards. Uses the vehicle only on assigned duties and keeps log book and time when he/she is on duty. Ensures that the vehicle is always having necessary items as required by Law, including valid Insurance Cover, fire guard/extinguisher, road license etc.
• Maintains disciplined behaviour and proper conduct in rendering services to his/her officers and employees in general.
Qualifications and Experience
• Holder of Form IV /VI Certificate with a pass in English and Swahili with a valid class "C" driving license.
• Possession of Trade Test Grade II in Motor Mechanics from the Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA) or CHUO CHA UJENZI as a necessary requirement.
• The person must have driving training certificate from National Institute of Transport (NIT) is an added advantage.
• Age should be between 35 and 45 years.
According to IRUWASA Salary Scale IWAS 2 =.(300,000.OO).
How To Apply:
General Conditions to All Posts
1. Application letter shall be handwritten and be supported by the following documents:-
2. Reliable contact postal address, email address and telephone/mobile numbers.
3. Detailed up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV).
4. Copies of relevant certificates.
5. Certified copy of birth certificate.
6. Names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
Applicants who were retired from the Public Service for whatever reasons should not apply. On top of the envelope applicant should mark the post he/she is applying for.
All applications should be addressed to:-
The Managing Director,
Iringa Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.