Job title: Driver
Employer: I0M International Organization for Migration
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline:15th Aug 2013
• Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission or Officer in Charge and the direct supervision of the Resources
• Management Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for driving vehicles to transport persons and goods authorized by 10M, from one destination to another as scheduled in safe and cost effective manner.
• The incumbent will perform the following
• Drive 10M vehicle(s) and execute the tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
• Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
• Make weekly reports on vehicle status and share with the Supervisor. Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that require immediate attention to the Supervisor. Assist the Supervisor in planning and control of (regular) services.
• Must complete Communication Equipment Checklists i.e. radio, cell phone, walkie-talkie, other equipment.
• Ensure that in case of accident, supervisors are informed and a police report is obtained. In no event should the driver accept responsibility.
• Maintain the vehicle road logbook at all times.
• Check daily status and availability of spares, jack and tools and able to move minor repairs to the vehicle and change tires and refuel the vehicle as required and ensure cleanliness of the vehicle.
• Ensure that the 10M vehicle(s) is only used for official authorized business and report to supervisor if such use took place.
• Ensure that the keys are returned for safeguarding at the end of the shift or handed over to the next driver.
• Preparing monthly and annually diesel reports, maintenance reports and personal mileages reports for 10M vehicles in Dar es Salaam and make sure that personal usage of 10M cars is not shared with official trips.
• In absence of Admin provide administrative support to the office such as making photo copies and follow up on camp permits and visa.
• Be prepared to work night/weekend shifts as requested and on regular basis.
• Coordinate and report to Senior Driver on daily basis
• Perform any other duties that may be required.
• Being a Tanzanian citizen; At least O-Level education; Must possess valid driving license for driving Public Service
• Vehicles; Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs; Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Languages: Fluently in English and Kiswahili
How to Apply:
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should submit CV and cover letter indicating the Vacancy Notice number with three professional references and contacts (email or telephone to:
The Resource Management Officer,
Plot No. 1365, Slipway Road, Off Chole Road,
Dar es Salaam
Tel: +255222602913/35 Fax:+255 22 2602782