Job Title: Driver
Employer: Walter Reed Program
Duty Station: Mbeya, Rukwa, Dar and Ruvuma
Application Deadline: 28th Aug 2013
Walter Reed Program is seeking qualified candidate to fill the position above
This position is established for the effective delivery and efficient transport services for the program staff and activities as required in favor of Walter Reed Program Southern Highlands HIV/AIDS support.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide assistance on all aspects of transport logistics, distribution of documents and mails from WRP Office to the addressed offices and always available in the office to facilitate transport requests on daily basis
• Ensure Oils/fuel level is checked on daily basis. All other gauges, lights, tire pressure are checked and adjusted according to the acceptable standards
• Inform appropriately on motor vehicles necessary documents renewals, insurance renewals and others to comply with ethical practice and applicable Tanzanian Traffic rules and regulations as required;
• Ensure motor vehicle general Services are fully made after every 5,000 kilometers and The vehicles are maintained clean always and on regular basis;
• Ensure Monthly fuel consumption reports and mileage accounting for office is made available regularly;
• Log book for the vehicle is properly maintained and filled appropriately;
• Ensure that all accident reports are recorded and filed appropriately;
• Ensure private use of office vehicles are monitored and billed accordingly;
• Attend some basic logistics and clerical assignments as may be tasked by a supervisor;
• May be required to work on overtime basis to facilitate program transport assignment on an urgent basis during weekends or holidays;
• Required to be report on duty on timely as required and sometimes earlier when required to facilitate transport needs;
• Do other duties as may be required/assigned on regular general activities to support the need of the program during normal working hour;
• Accurately complete and submit all necessary paperwork, such as daily dispatch sheets, petty cash items, etc.
• Delivery and pickup of items, documentation ensuring accurate capture of what the item/documentation is, who requested the transport of the item, who received the item, and obtaining proper signatures.
• Keep assigned vehicles free from damage, in acceptable condition, and consistently clean in a manner. Employee must ensure that the vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use, and accept responsibility to report any damage or mechanical malfunctions that exist.
• Work extra/overtime hours as needed according to departmental workload.
• Operate vehicles and equipment safely and responsibly, as assigned.
• Respect and maintain the relationship of trust required to obtain a high level of security access to offices, homes, and properties of company personnel without supervision.
• Be willing and able to perform tasks without direct supervision that may require physical labor, and possibly the use of hand tools. This work may need to be performed both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.
• Dress in a fashion that enables the employee to complete the daily tasks, while maintaining a professional and appropriate appearance.
• Transport employees, Distributors, and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner. This includes departmental training, new employee orientation, shuttle transportation for Distributor training and various activities, shuttle transportation for conventions and conferences, airport runs, etc.
• Other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
• At least O-level or high school education with Advanced Driving Certificate from VETA or National Institute of Transportation;
• Clean and valid Driver’s License
• Acceptable driving record.
• Read, write, understand, and communicate clearly in English.
• Drug/Alcohol free
• Phone that can reach you at all times.
• Availability to work long hours when needed and approve my manager.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes
• Ability to work in all types of weather.
How to Apply:
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to;
The Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya
Or e-mailed to; email@example.com.
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.