Job Title: Driver – One Post
Employer: Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
Duty Station: Moshi
Application Deadline: 27th August 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The holder of this post who reports to Shift In-charge will be responsible for carrying out activities as described in the Road Traffic (maximum Weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following;
• Driving motor vehicles in urban and remote areas;
• Maintaining the vehicle logbook and all accident records pertaining to the assigned vehicle;
• Keeping repairs or maintenance needs of the vehicle to the shift In-charge timely;
• Reporting repairs or maintenance needs of the vehicle to the shift In-charge timely;
• Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
• Performing such other related duties as may be assigned by the Shift In-charge.
• Holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education Exam. (CSEE)
• Holder of valid Class C driving license;
• Having driving experience of at least five years;
• Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English language;
• Must be a Tanzanian Citizen,
• Not above 3S years of age.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Scope of Position:
Successful applicants must be ready to work on shift" basis including Weekends and Public Holidays. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time away from their permanent stations with minimum supervision.
How To Apply:
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately/after being notified are invited to send their own handwritten application letters.
All interested candidates are required to apply to undersigned not later than 27th August 2013 attaching to their applications, CVs. copies of certificates, the names of three referees with their daytime telephone numbers and the candidate's own daytime telephone contact. Hand delivery is not permitted.
Application letters should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 3051,
Ujenzi Buildings, Old Moshi Road,
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted