Job Title: Director of Finance and Accounts
Employer: Kibaha Education Centre (KEC)
Duty Station: : Kibaha
Application Deadline: 4th Sept 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the overall supervision of the Directorate.
• Initiates, Directs and supervises the development of financial policies, systems and procedures and to ensure their effective implementation. Provides Technical advice to the Executive Director on matters related to finance and budget.
• Co-ordinates the preparation and submit final Accounts of the Centre within 3 months after end of Financial Year.
• Ensure that the Centre's financial transactions are authorized and controlled in accordance with Financial Regulations.
• Ensure that proper systems of financial control are effectively maintained. Controls the Centre's finances.
• Custodian of all assets of the Directorate including their maintenance. Controls the Directorate's input - output relations.
• Evaluates performance of all staff and workers of the Directorate. Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualification and Experience:
• Masters degree either in Accounting and Finance or Business Administration with CPA (T) or ACCA, ACMA.
• At least ten years working experience of which five years should be in a senior position.
• Must be registered with NBAA as Authorized Accountant IAuditor.
• Knowing implementation of Government Financial System IFMS (EPICOR) at Macro and Micro level is an added advantage
1. Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution's Salary Scale PGSS 20
2. Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) On behalf of the Kibaha Education Centre (KEC), invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 36 vacant posts in the above public institutions.
• All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
• The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
• Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates. Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma. transcripts. Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates. Computer Certificate
• Professional certificates from respective boards
• One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
• Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
• Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
• Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers,
• Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
• Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
• Applicants' with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
• Women are highly encouraged to apply
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview'
• Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
How to Apply:
Application letters should be posted to the following address. Hand delivery is not acceptable:
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P. O. Box 63100
Dar Es Salaam.
Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika Utumishi wa Umma
S. L. P 63100,
Dar Es Salaam.