Job Title: Director General
Employer: Capital Development Authority (CDA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline:14th Aug 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• To formulate and recommend to the Board Service Policies, Management Systems, Plans and Plans of operation,
• Responsible for the interpretation and implementation of Service Policies, Management Systems, plans and Plans of operation; Responsible for the overall financial management and capital development projects of CDA,
• To prepare and submit CDA financial reports to the Board for deliberations and approval Serve as liaison between the Board of Directors and the directorates of the Authority Coordinate the execution of programs, policies and decisions approved by the Board Manage the overall operations and resources of the Authority.
• Interpret the Boards instructions to the directorates
• Report to the Board on the overall efficiency, effectiveness and economy of CDA operations
Qualification and Experience
• Master Degree either in Engineering/Economics/ Land Management/Business Administration/Investment management or law from a reputable learning institution:
• Work experience of not less than ten years (10) in relevant field in which five (5) should be in Senior Management 'position in a reputable organization;
• Proven leadership and managerial skills with ability to handle multi - functional teams and projects with highest integrity to enhance performance and manage change;
• An ability to illustrate and encourage creativity and innovative ideas, effective problem solving, excellent communication and timely decision making skills;
• Computer literacy is essential.
• Key Results Area
• Strategic Performance
• Existence of effective strategic plan and implementation plan of Capital Development Authority;
• Evidence on proper and effective use of corporate resources in accordance to laws, rules and regulations governing the Authority;
• Evidence on good governance and accountability systems, transparency and gender balance in corporate operations;
• Periodical reports (Annual reports Proceedings, Auditor Reports) are prepared and effectively communicated to Board of Deliberations and other stakeholders;
• Evidence on effective and proper land management system which fall under modern technology and best practices (use of ICT in land management);
• Existence of effective reform programmes/engagements and amended acts that attract investors (Foreign and Domestic), and rehabilitate maintain and existence of new development programme and projects. Infrastructures and houses enabling the government transfer of the Capital City of Dodoma;
• Existence of new development programme and projects;
• Assist Executive committee in making and implementing decisions, coordinating works of Authority committees, development TOR of various committees and evaluate towards the established goals;
• Existence of effective Monitoring and Evaluation system of CDA activities.
• Operational Performance
• Maintain effective working linkages with relevant Municipal Councils, Agencies and development partners to ensure success in achieving Authority objectives;
1. The successful candidate will be offered remunerations commensurate with Capital
2. Development Authority (CDA) remuneration schemes.
3. NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
4. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania.
5. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
6. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
7. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
8. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
9. Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates. Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts. Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates. Computer Certificate
10. Professional certificates from respective boards
11. One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November 2010.
Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission
for Universities (TCU)
Dead line for application is 14th AUGUST, 2013 at 3:00 p.m
Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
Women are highly encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
How to Apply:
Application letters should be posted to the following address.
HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ACCEPTABLE:
Public Service Recruitment
P.O. Box 63100
DAR ES SALAAM
Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM