Job Title: Communications Specialist
Employer: Capacity Development for Partners of Accountability Program (CDPA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Aug 2013
The Tanzania Capacity Development for Partners of Accountability Program (CDPA) is a four-year, USAID-funded $7.8 million program which aims to build the capacity of targeted civil society organizations (CSOs) and Government of Tanzania (GoT) Institutions of Accountability. The program will help these selected organizations achieve sustainable and significant impact as advocates in their respective sectors to be accountable to citizens as their constituents, to manage resources, and to perform meaningful watchdog functions regarding use of public resources.
The Program has three components:
1. Strengthen the capacity of USAID/Tanzania partner CSOs in various sectors
2. Support USAIDs management of direct grant awards to CSOs
3. Strengthen GoT Institutions of Accountability
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with CSO partners and their respective staff to identify target audiences (including GoT institutions) and messaging, offering critical and ongoing support in developing and implementing communications strategies
• Collaborate with GoT partners to better understand their mandates and goals of outreach and work with GoT communications staff to improve and implement communications strategies.
• Collaborate with project staff to ensure that results of project activities are documented and communicated effectively to stakeholders, USAID, and the Tanzanian public.
• Implement and evaluate the project-level communications plan.
• Apply USAID’s branding and marking regulations and other communications guidelines.
• Ensure correct branding of all project materials, presentation, printing materials and outgoing mail.
• Coordinate project events such as workshops, trainings, presentations, and surveys.
• Review media coverage related to the project.
• Identify project success story topics and finalize success stories for submission to USAID and other audience.
• Assemble and draft the quarterly/annual reports and success stories to be submitted to USAID.
• Master’s degree in relevant field, or Bachelor’s degree combined with equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five years relevant communications experience, preferably working with Tanzanian CSOs, local and national government counterparts
• Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
• Fluency in English and Swahili required.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of USAID regulations.
• Ability to write and verbally communicate clearly and concisely required.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills required as well as the ability to work independently and in a team.
Scope of Work
The Communications Specialist reports directly to the Chief of Party.
How to Apply:
Send electronic submissions to TanzaniaCDPA@gmail.com. Please include the position title in the subject line and submit a CV, cover letter, and three recent professional references. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.