Job Title: Chief of Party, Monitoring and Evaluation Mission M&E Project, Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th Sept 2013
The anticipated three-year USAID-funded Monitoring and Evaluation Mission M&E Project will provide on-the-ground support on performance monitoring, data verification, evaluation of the impact, output and outcome results and environmental compliance of the USAID/Tanzania program portfolio, covering the following technical areas:
• Economic Growth
• Democracy and Governance
• Natural Resources
• Partnership for Growth Initiative
MSI is recruiting for a Chief of Party to oversee the technical, staffing and financial management aspects of the upcoming MESPs, and serve as the points of contact with USAID officials, and MSI leadership in Washington, D.C. The Chief of Party position will require experience in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, and interpersonal skills.
• Responsible for managing and supervising all project activities, staff, and partners, and have overall responsibility for the successful performance of the project.
• Coordinate and be ultimately responsible for all data collection, monitoring, report generation, evaluation and related tasks.
• Serve as primary liaison with USAID COR and Contracting Officer.
• Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID.
• Supervise assessments to assist in program design, development and implementation.
• Provision of short term technical and program assistance to support project development and implementation.
• Provide M&E technical assistance and training as needed across the project portfolio.
• Support the production and dissemination of public information about USAID activities such as success stories, presentations, and videos, press releases, etc. to build awareness, appreciation and support for USAID’s programs.
• Oversee logistical and material support for in-country monitoring, planning, and other program travel.
• A Master’s degree in the field of management, and/or international development.
• At least ten years of experience in International Development, including experience and technical knowledge in designing, managing and evaluating multi-million dollar development projects.
• At least five years of experience (out of 10 years) should be as a COP or senior field management experience such as Project Director, Regional Director or Country Director roles, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
• Prior experience in supervising and quickly assembling long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts.
• Technical expertise in any of the sectors USAID Tanzania is working on will be an added advantage.
• Ability to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors.
• A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with database development beneficial.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.