Job Title: Transport Coordinator
Employer: Raleigh International
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 28th August 2013
• Line management of drivers and security guards employed by Raleigh Tanzania, enforcing high standards of driving safety at all times.
• Inspection and maintenance of all Raleigh Tanzania vehicles to manufacturers specifications and keeping clear maintenance records.
• Ensuring Raleigh Tanzania vehicles meet legal requirements.
• Scheduling of driver and vehicle movements in consultation with the CPM and to act as a driver when required.
• Coordination of local transport providers (bus and truck operators) to move volunteers and equipment in accordance with Raleigh International’s standard operating procedures.
• Negotiation with local transport providers to ensure best value and safety, governed by written service agreements.
• Working as a team player in supporting Raleigh Tanzania’s country programme delivery.
• Carry out any other tasks reasonably requested by the CPM.
• Extensive experience in off-road driving using 4-wheel drive vehicles.
• Knowledge and experience in fleet management, including supervisión of staff.
• Knowledge and experience of implementing vehicle maintenance schedules.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
• Experience of managing a budget and keeping accurate financial records.
• An enthusiastic, energetic personality, witha ‘can do’ attitude
• Commitment to the aims, ethos and culture of Raleigh International
• Clean driving licence
• Competence in using computers to manage and present information.
• Vehicle repair and maintenance skills.
• Experience of working with young people of different cultures and backgrounds.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
• An understanding of international, environmental and development issues.
How to Apply:
Please send a covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements presented in the Person Specification above, plus a copy of your Curriculum Vitae / resume to Mr Michael Combellack email@example.com