Job Title: Base Manager
Employer: Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa: (DLCQ-EA)
Duty Station: Arusha
Application Deadline: 7th Sept 2013
Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa invites applicants for the post of Base Manager (Arusha)
Salary and Benefits:
Scale R4(b) [US$17,787.00 -19,146.00 Per Annum (p. a), Entry point negotiable and other benefits as per the Organization's Service Regulations.)
Age Limit: 35-50 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for effective Personnel Management and smooth running of the Base.
• Executes the approved programme of work to be carried out in the country.
• Ensures and confirms adequacy of technical preparation for aerial operations prior to aircraft deployment.
• Briefs operational personnel prior to commencement of aerial and ground operations.
• Follows up the progress of the operations and carries out critical assessment of the results.
• Provides the required support to the research activities and programmes assigned to the Base.
• Submits to the Director regular reports of the operational progress, pest situation, and meteorological data.
• Prepares annual budgetary estimates for the Base. Executes and controls approved budget.
• Submits to the Headquarters Monthly Accounts and other periodical returns.
• Maintains effective liaison with the relevant Ministries and Institutions for the achievement of the DLCO-EA objectives and follows up collection of contributions.
• Responsible for the safeguard, proper maintenance and utilization of DLCO-EA Motor Vehicles, current and fixed assets.
• Handles licensing and insurance of Motor Vehicles, maintains insurance register of assets and ensures that all policies are current.
• Acts as a Public Relations Officer for the Organization, and the Director's representative in Tanzania.
• He is the delegated accounting officer for the Base.
• A Degree or Diploma in Agricultural Sciences or equivalent relevant to Pest Management from a recognized University or Institution with three years of post qualification experience in Plant Protection work that includes technical and administrative supervision of migrant pest surve y and control. Ability to work in harmony with people of different national and cultural background is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Send applications with copies of Educational testimonies and CV should be sent within 30 days from the date of advertisement to:
P.O. Box 593
P.O. Box 4255
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia