Employer: Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB)
Duty Station: Metropolitan Branch
Application Deadline: 30th August 2013
Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self motivated and highly organized Bank Operation Officer to join the Technology and Operations team based in Competitive branch.
Reporting Line: Branch Finance Officer (BFO)
Location: Metropolitan Branch
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Salary: Competitive Remuneration
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Telling duties
• To arrange direct and coordinate all counter activities while ensuring quality service to customers.
• To heck tellers daily cash balancing and to be a joint custodian to the tellers cash box.
• Verify teller proof of cash and teller proof of cheques against actual documents by ticking and signing the printouts.
• Verify teller’s cash on hand by physical count against teller actual vouchers and sign.
• Scrutinize internal vouchers to ensure that they are properly drawn and authorized in line with approval limits/powers.
• To check daily counter transactions for all products. This includes ascertaining the correctness of SB24b and SB21/22 and summarizes them on their respective SBT3A, 3B and 3C.
•To prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements timely and accurately.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
Bachelor degree/Advance diploma in Banking, Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting from any recognized University Or equivalent.
Under exceptional circumstances an Assistant Banking Operations Officer may be promoted on merit to the position of Banking Operations Officer Grade II, and who have satisfactorily worked in their respective grades for a minimum period of 3 years. Such a promotion will not go further to the next grade until the required qualification of a university degree or its equivalent is achieved
Computer literate is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit their resume indicating the position title in the subject heading via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Via other methods will not be considered.
Tanzania Postal Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety management.
Tanzania Postal Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
If you are not contacted by Tanzania Postal Bank Within seven (7) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Late Applications will not be considered.
Short Listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.