Job Title: Athletics/Activities Assistant
Employer: International School of Tanganyika
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Aug 2013
• To provide services to all youth and adults of our community through quality programs
• which use IST Fair Play Principles.
• To help organize and run small after school leagues as directed by the ASA coordinator;
• Directing the development of a Dar Sports League with the ASA Coordinator.
• Ensuring that the interests of IST and its students remain paramount when planning the structure of the leagues.
• Ensuring that the dates and times of games are made known to coaches in advance and
• advertised through school publications (Daily Bulletin, Spotlight, Website).
• During league coaches’ meeting weeks, tasks include but are not limited to, create rosters, data entry, and create coaches lists
• Support in the organization of all special events including, but not limited to, Saturday
• Dar Sports League and Saturday Pre-ISSEA Tournaments;
• To help officiate during intra and inter-school matches;
• To maintain a current stock list;
• To assist the smooth running of the extra curricular program by preparing equipment and facilities and ensure that all equipment and facilities are maintained in good order;
• Know and enforce emergency procedures and safety regulations in order ensure participant safety;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
• Diploma/Degree in Physical Education, Sports and Culture from recognized institution(s).
• A minimum of two years working experience in the relevant field.
1. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
2. Must have strong command in English language both written and spoken.
3. Ability to work independently in an organized manner, conscious of time andself
An attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with the qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Applications in electronic form only, should be forwarded to:
PO BOX 2651,Dar es Salaam
Tel: +255 22-2151817/8
Fax: +255 22-2152077
NB: Please include the following as a single pdf attachment:-
• Cover letter including name of position applying
• Resume or CV
• Names and positions of at least three referees, with current telephone and email addresses.
• Kindly keep attachments less than 2 megabytes in total.