Job Title: Assistant Social Welfare Officer (1)
Employer: The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Makere Ward – Kasulu
Application Deadline:19th Aug 2013
KDC/IRC seeks to recruit qualified, energetic and committed candidates to fill the following position:
• In consultation with the District Social Welfare Officer, assist in managing Social Welfare and child protection activities in the community.
• Identify the social needs and problems of most vulnerable children and recommend appropriate interventions to relevant authorities.
• Identify and support marginalized group (people with special need) in the community in accordance to program and project objectives.
• Assist in collection of data/statics on marginalized group (people with special need) in the area of responsibility.
• Sort and prepare a list of support Applications Forms for Social Support from families living in difficulties.
• Facilitate family reunification and fostering of children without parental care in the communities in consultation with the District Social Welfare Office.
• Mobilize children, youth and the general community to advocate for children rights
• Mobilize the community to encourage and promote extended family care systems and fostering for children without parental care as part of the initiatives to strengthen community based child protection systems.
• In consultation with the District Social Welfare Office, plan and conduct meetings, trainings and awareness campaigns in relation to childcare and child protection in the community
• Monitor Social Welfare and Child Protection Activities in the community.
• Perform any other duties as assign by Supervisor for education, experience and skill growth.
• Completed from IV or VI and certificate of 1 year Social Welfare course from any learning institute recognized by Government.
• Diploma is Social Work/Community Development preferred
• At least 1 year experiences working with children, and especially vulnerable children desirable
• Proven ability to mobilize communities
• Interviewing skills with children required
• Basic IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required
• Excellent written and English and Swahili languages.
• Ability to write good reports
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
iii. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
All applications should be sent to:
International Rescue Committee
P. O. Box 256
Email: GeoffreyBraxton.Okot@rescue.org, and Kasulwa.Mvano@rescue.org