Job Title: Assistant CYPD Manager Host Community
Employer: International Rescue Committee
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 6th Sept 2013
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Manage the quality implementation of child protection activities in host communities, ensuring adherence to donor agreement and regulations, as well as IRC Tanzania’s CYPD sector strategy.
• Link with other civil society organizations, working within host communities, ensuring integrated programming.
• Facilitate and provision of technical back stopping to the KDC, DCPT of Kasulu to coordinate with community-based service providers and systems, mechanisms existing within host communities, ensuring that activities build on existing community systems\mechanisms for child protection.
• Work closely with local authorities to strengthen and implement district-led child protection system, including coordination bodies, referral systems, data collection and monitoring.
• Facilitate discussions, rapport building meetings targeting policy, decision making changes at the senior management of the KDC.
• Provide technical support and monitor activities led by the child protection supervisor officer and other implementing partners, including community-based actors.
• Responsible for preparation of quality activities, work plan, expenditure and procurement plans, monitoring project expenditure, and ensuring that the targeted objectives are met in collaboration with the CYPD-M.
• Develop indicator tracking system for CP-HC activities and track indicators and analyze data.
• Prepare activity reports, monthly and donor reports for review by the CYPD-M.
• Lead periodical reviews and organize annual evaluation of program activities in host communities.
• Prepare proposals in collaboration with the CYPD-M and/or other programs staff, as requested.
Qualifications and Experiences:
• Advanced degree in social work, Sociology or relevant social science with at least 8 year’s relevant work experience; OR at least 10 years relevant experience.
• Experience working with government authorities including national, local and civil society organizations who are working in child protection system building,
• Proven track record in mobilizing and facilitation of advocacy initiatives with the government authorities and other CP stake holders.
• Direct experience working with child protection system building with another international organization desirable.
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative required.
• Excellent IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required.
• Excellent English, Swahili and written and oral skills required.
How to apply;
All applications should be sent to:
International Rescue Committee
P. O. Box 256
Email: GeoffreyBraxton.Okot@rescue.org, Joel.Bitwale@rescue.org and Grace.Langula@rescue.org