Employer: VGM Partners
Duty Station: Tanzania,
Application Deadline:2nd Sept 2013
Sector diagnostic and identification of EU interventions to support sustainable agriculture and food security in Rwanda under the 11th EDF (European Development Fund)
The general objective of this assignment is to provide support to multi-sectoral approaches to foster sustainable and inclusive agricultural development while ensuring household food and nutrition security - in line with the national Economic Development and Poverty Reduction Strategy (EDPRS-2), the Agriculture Sector Strategy (PSTA-3), the 2nd stage of the Comprehensive Africa Agricultural Development Program and with the EU policies, in particular the 'Agenda for Change'.
ToR is available upon request.
Qualification and skills:
• Graduate or Postgraduate University Degree in Agriculture Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, Agronomy, Economy or any equivalent subject.
• Full working knowledge of English.
• Excellent report writing and communication skills.
• Working knowledge of French will be an asset.
General professional experience:
• Hands-on experience in designing and implementing a Sector Policy Support Programme or Sector Wide Approach or equivalent.
• Experience with agricultural development in Sub-Saharan Africa
• At least 10 years of experience with development aid related to agricultural development
• Good knowledge of EU procedures and having participated in programming exercises of the European Union.
• Professional experience in Rwanda will be an asset.
• Profound knowledge of the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme
• Experience in private sector development in agriculture and commercialisation of agricultural value chains.
Specific professional experience:
• Experience in the cost-benefit analysis of agricultural projects.
• Experience of the covering some of the following thematic areas:
• Decentralization of agricultural service delivery and skills development.
• Horticulture sector development.
• Irrigation development.
• Soil and water conservation and other agro-environmental interventions.
• Land Tenure Regularization and Land Administration Systems.
• Agricultural Land Use Planning Systems.
• Nutrition-sensitive agricultural planning.
• Rural social protection interventions.
• Agricultural finance and/or crop and livestock insurance schemes.
• Market-oriented rural infrastructure, including feeder roads.
PLEASE INDICATE IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL THE PROJECT TITLE AND WHICH POST YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
How to Apply:
Applications and updated CV (in EU format) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only internally selected candidates will be contacted