Employer: VGM Partners
Duty Station: Tanzania,
Application Deadline:2nd Sept 2013
VGM Partners is looking for an expert for the following EC Framework project in Rwanda:
Sector diagnostic and identification of EU interventions to support sustainable agriculture and food security in Rwanda under the 11th EDF (European Development Fund)
The general objective of this assignment is to provide support to multi-sectoral approaches to foster sustainable and inclusive agricultural development while ensuring household food and nutrition security - in line with the national Economic Development and Poverty Reduction Strategy (EDPRS-2), the Agriculture Sector Strategy (PSTA-3), the 2nd stage of the Comprehensive Africa Agricultural Development Program and with the EU policies, in particular the 'Agenda for Change'.
ToR is available upon request.
POSITION: Agriculture Sector Junior Expert
Qualification and skills:
• Graduate or Postgraduate University Degree in Agriculture Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Sciences, Agronomy, Economy or any equivalent subject.
• Full working knowledge of English and Kinyarwanda.
• Working knowledge of French will be an asset.
General professional experience:
• At least 3 years of working experience in the agricultural sector in Rwanda.
• Familiar with the governmental entities working in Rwanda's agricultural sector.
• Familiar with Non State Actors working in Rwanda's agricultural sector.
• Familiar with Development Partners working in Rwanda's agricultural sector.
PLEASE INDICATE IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL THE PROJECT TITLE AND WHICH POST YOU ARE APPLYING FOR
How to Apply:
Applications and updated CV (in EU format) should be submitted to email@example.com
Only internally selected candidates will be contacted