Job Title: Senior Project Officer - Production, Soya ni Pesa
Employer: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam Morogoro, Songea&Njombe
Application Deadline: 2nd Aug 2013
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental agency specializing in relief and community development activities. The agency provides equal employment opportunity regardless of age, race, gender, religion or disability.
• Serve as the technical lead in soya production for the Soya ni Pesa Project
• Identify technical needs and gaps in soya production and facilitate filling those gaps through mobilizing internal or external expertise
• Provide technical leadership in the establishment and demonstration of best soya agronomic practices, including leading or collaborating with research activities
• Ensure that systems are in place so that farmers acquire necessary production inputs in a timely manner, including facilitation of the establishment of a sustainable soybean seed system
• Provide technical leadership and assistance in post-harvest activities, including advice on establishment and use of storage systems
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in the soybean sector
• Develop, adapt and roll out tools and guidelines to support CRS and partners to facilitate production activities
• In collaboration with M&EL staff, implement' appropriate monitoring, evaluation and learning system
Qualifications and Skills:
• Masters or BSc in Agronomy or other related fields.
• Minimum 5 or 7 years of experience in the field of agronomy and related interventions
• Experience in soya production or research highly desirable
• Wide knowledge and, excellences implementing participatory learning methods for helping smallholder farmers improve their production and productivity (farmer field schools, farmer research groups)
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Physical Requirements/Environment:Based in Dar es Salaam with more than 50% travel time in Njombe, Songea and Morogoro '
• Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
How to Apply:
Send the CV and application letter to:
Human Resource Manager,
P.O. Box 34701,
Catholic Relief Services,
Dar es Salaam.