Employer: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 2nd August 2013
Catholic Relief Services (CRS), an international non-governmental agency is looking for a qualified Senior Project Officer - Production who will be providing technical leadership in Soya production.
Reports To: Soya ni Pesa Project Director
• Provide technical leadership in soya production.
• Ensure CRS and Implementing Partner staff receive the necessary training, guidance and technical support to implement, monitor and report on the project
• Identify technical needs and gaps in soya production and facilitate filling those gaps through mobilizing internal or external expertise
• Identify gaps in soya production in relation to market demand; design and facilitate the implementation of strategies to help smallholder farmers fill these gaps to successfully meet market demand
• Provide technical leadership in the establishment and demonstration of best soya agronomic practices, including leading or collaborating with research activities
• Ensure that systems are in place so that farmers acquire necessary production inputs in a timely manner
• Facilitate the establishment of a sustainable soybean seed system
• Provide technical leadership in post-harvest activities
• Support the establishment and/or use of appropriate storage facilities and provide training on effective soybean storage
Qualifications and Skills:
• Masters or BSc in Agronomy or other related fields.
• Minimum 5 or 7 years of experience in the field of agronomy and related interventions
• Experience in soya production or research highly desirable
• Wide knowledge and experience implementing participatory learning methods for helping smallholder farmers improve their production and productivity (famer field schools, farmer research groups).
How to Apply:
Please send the CV and application letter to:
Human Resource Manager,
P.O. Box 34701,
Catholic Relief Services, Dar es Salaam.
Email address: email@example.com