[Reference no: UPID/HRNOO4] Local recruitment
Employer: UTT Projects and Infrastructure Development PLC
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 16th Aug 2013
Duties & Responsibilities:
The right candidate is expected to lead Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented high performance culture that emphasizes on quality, productivity, and fairness. The Human Resources officer is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals. In this view, private sector experience and knowledge of designing efficient staff incentive schemes that are capable of linking performance and reward are necessary qualities for this position. Specifically, the candidate is expected to perform following duties-
• Advise the organization on efficient management of human resources
• Interpret Public Service Regulations; Standing Orders and-other Labour laws Facilitate employee relations and welfare including health, safety, sports and culture Provide registry, office records, and messenger and courier services
• Handle Protocol Matters
• Facilitate security services, transport and general utility
• Coordinate implementation of ethics, discipline and values promotion activities Coordinate recruitment, selection, placement, confirmations and transfers of employees Facilitate Human Resource training and development for Company
• Facilitate orientation and induction programs for the new entrants
• Prepare human resources planning to determine supply and demand needs for professionals
• Administer salary structure and advise head of department and mallagement for any change for improvement Coordinate implementation of Open Performance Review and Appraisal System (OPRAS)
• Process and update records of various leaves such as annual, sick, maternity, study and terminal
• Oversee employee benefits (pension, allowances etc) and entitlements
• Oversee services related to termination from the service (retirement, resignation, etc); and
• Any other duty assigned by the appropriate authorities from time-to-time.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualification
• The holder of this position must have a very good first degree in human resources management, public administration or any other related field from a reputable University. In addition, the candidate should posses accredited post graduate qualification(s). Possession of another academic qualification(s) in commercial or project management subjects will be an added advantage.
At least 5-7 years of practical experience [post qualification] in the field of Human Resource Management and Administration is essential. Related experience in the project and infrastructure sector would however be an added advantage.
General Attributes for All Positions
• Strong networking and relationship building skills. Self-confident, adaptable, and team-oriented .. Ability to set priorities, multi-task, and meet deadlines. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal direction. Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• An attractive remuneration package will be offered to all successful candidates under each position.
How to Apply:
AII interested candidates are required to apply attaching to their applications, current Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, the names and full communication addresses [including contact phone numbers] of three referees who can testify to the applicant's academic abilities, working experience and character.
International Applicants for position no. 1 & 2 can send their CV's with a cover letter via Email Link above
Please send your applications in an envelope clearly marked as "Application for the post of [insert position]" at the following address:
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer,
UTT Projects & Infrastructure Development PLC,
Sukari House, 3rd Floor, Sokoine Drive/ Ohio Street,
P. O. Box 77783,
Dar es Salaam.