Job Title: Senior / Principal Finance Officer
[Reference no: UPID/SFO/003] Local recruitment
Employer: UTT Projects and Infrastructure Development PLC
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline:16th Aug 2013
The holder of this position will be overseeing all accounting matters pertaining to the organization. The outputs of this position are therefore reflected in the quality of finance and accounting records maintained and adherence to company financial policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains all accounting books pertaining to revenue and expenditure
• Ensures that procedures regarding revenue and expenditure accounting are strictly followed
• Prepares periodic reports on the status of revenue trends, loan performance etc.
• Prepares Management accounts, estimates, monitor trends and appraises the head of department accordingly Supervises all financial and accounting operations and maintains the accounting books in accordance with current accounting conventions and legal requirements
• Prepares and maintains an activity based budget, and takes measures to ensure that the activities conform as much as possible to the budget
• Prepares the quarterly budget performance review Oversees the preparation of all books of account
• Keeps custody of cheques books, payment vouchers, and all other accounting documents pertaining to revenue and expenditure of the company
• Ensures that all payments are made in compliance to the applicable financial regulations and the approved budget
• Oversees the management of the petty cash account to ensure adequate float is maintained to meet petty cash expenditure
• Prepares periodic financial statements to facilitate constant review of financial status of the company Prepare cash flow projections, bank reconciliation and posting of all accounting transactions Maintains an up-to-date register of fixed assets and of all other accounting documents
• Makes all necessary preparations for the company accounts to be audited in accordance with legal requirements, and facilitates the auditors in carrying out their work
• Prepares tax computations of the company as necessary and ensure submission to the tax authority on due date Any other duty assigned by the appropriate authorities from time-to-time.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualification
• The holder of this post must have a very good first degree or its equivalent from a reputable University. Postgraduate degree or its equivalent in commercial subject plus internationally recognized accounting qualifications like CPA or ACCA is a must for this position.
• At least 5-7 years of practical experience in finance department is essential. This experience should include at least 3 years of preparing final accounts and handling of internal and external auditors. Related experience in the project and infrastructure sector would however be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
AII interested candidates are required to apply attaching to their applications, current Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, the names and full communication addresses [including contact phone numbers] of three referees who can testify to the applicant's academic abilities, working experience and character.
International Applicants for position no. 1 & 2 can send their CV's with a cover letter via Email Link above
Please send your applications in an envelope clearly marked as "Application for the post of [insert position]" at the following address:
The Ag. Chief Executive Officer,
UTT Projects & Infrastructure Development PLC,
Sukari House, 3rd Floor, Sokoine Drive/ Ohio Street,
P. O. Box 77783,
Dar es Salaam.